- Reference: DJ 45119
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin North, Kildare, Louth
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
This position is an ideal opportunity for an experienced accountant to gain further development in the areas of Financial accountancy. The position requires fundamental knowledge of accounting functions and flexibility combined with accuracy and a sound practical approach.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Have responsibility for the integrity and management of the accounting ledgers.
- Be responsible for producing the monthly financial accounts package within 5 working days according to US GAAP rules.
- Perform a key role in the preparation and compilation of annual budgets and forecasts for the site.
- Prepare the monthly recharges for the site to interco partners, liaising with the site management team on the appropriate allocation basis.
- Prepare the monthly bookings for the Financing entity and the European cash pool.
- Any other duties as requested.
- Perform Inter-company reconciliations, Bank reconciliations, Balance sheet analysis, P&L Analysis, Fixed Asset accounting, Payroll reconciliations.
- Preparation and submission of VAT & PAYE returns.
- Review internal control procedures (for SOX compliance) and assist with internal audits.
- First point of contact for the external auditors and prepare the local Statutory accounts and assist in the preparation of the annual Corporation Tax computations.
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA/CPA with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience.
- Good interpersonal skills with experience of working in a diverse environment
- U.S. GAAP knowledge an advantage
- Experience of Oracle is an advantage
- Organizes and expresses ideas and information clearly, using appropriate and efficient methods of conveying the information.
- Takes a proactive approach to anticipating and preventing problems. When problems occur, defines the problem, investigates obstacles, and analyses alternative solutions.
- Works on projects as part of a team, exchanging ideas and contributing skills that complement those of the other team members. Fulfils commitments to team members.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our websitewww.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!