- Reference: GJ45820
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Galway, Galway City
- Category: General Management
Finance Director required for a major company who are setting up their European operations in Galway.
- Responsible for the general management, development, daily operations and transactions of the Galway site, and to play a key role in the success of the operation.
- Responsible for managing and overseeing the internal financial close process and management reporting.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions, including external auditors
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, and 10 years’ experience in a mid-to-large sized manufacturing company required. MBA and/or ACA is highly desirable. 5 years prior supervisory experience required
- Public accounting background preferred.
- Previous experience in a start-up is desirable.
- An in-depth knowledge of corporate accounting practices relating to a high-volume operation is required, as is a working knowledge of cost accounting principles.
- Knowledge of financial statement preparation and audit, and GAAP is required.
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral, are extremely important, as are solid negotiating skills.
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job spec (more information on the role), please contact Noeleen Stewart on 091-706712 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie