- Reference: SJ43770
- Job Type: Temporary
- Location: Leitrim, Mayo, Sligo
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
Our client based in Sligo is seeking a local tax analyst to assist with direct and indirect taxes for Irish and other EMEA subsidiaries. This position is responsible for assisting the local Tax Center of Excellence (CoE) Manager with the Tax Operating Model (TOM), leading the tax compliance process, advising on the execution of commercial transactions, and supporting external/internal tax audits and initiatives.
- Report inventory variances and PPV.
- Perform cycle counts on inventory and co-ordinate annual Physical Inventory
- Review and analyse Cost Improvement Programs
- Preparation of Latest Best Estimates and projections for efficiencies and variances
- Prepare journal vouchers monthly to ensure accounts are accurate on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation’s.
- Verify Fixed Assets.
- Manage the reporting of spare parts
- Work as part of a small team to ensure all reporting deadlines are met in the month end and forecasting calendars.
- Ad hoc monthly duties and special projects as required.
- Support the outsourced compliance process for direct and indirect tax for Irish and designated EMEA subsidiaries, including:
- reviewing tax filings;
- coordination with shared service accounting (AFS), BPO & local finance teams;
- collaborate with above stakeholders on periodic calendars.
- Assisting with the analysis of direct and indirect tax technical issues that impact the Irish and designated EMEA entities;
- Developing and supporting tax initiatives/enhancements including processes and systems, including:
- Refine process manuals developed in conjunction with indirect tax advisors and AFS
- Prepare/update tax decision trees for AP and GL usage purposes
- Effectively tracking and managing key enterprise direct and indirect tax risks, including the risk of non-compliance.
- Ensuring timely:
- payments of direct and indirect tax liabilities;
- submission of refund claims.
- Maintain appropriate supporting documents for direct and indirect tax returns, in accordance with local tax rules and ensuring that a full audit trail is available in the event of an audit.
- Proactively monitoring direct and indirect tax legislation/policy impacting designated EMEA subsidiaries, including any potential required changes to processes and the SAP system.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with local tax authorities and advisors.
- Good Microsoft Office skills.
Other Desirable Skills/Abilities
- Knowledge of Irish and/or UK Tax Law for direct (e.g. relating to R&D tax credits) and indirect taxes.
- Experience with SAP and Visio.
- Ability to provide local country support for direct and indirect taxes regarding the execution of business transactions.
- Experience in developing, maintaining and delivering guidance on the correct treatment of direct and indirect taxes for financial statement purposes.
- Ability to provide direct and indirect tax support on new business initiatives, contracts, M&A, and tax controversy for the Irish and designated EMEA subsidiaries.
- Knowledge of challenges associated with MNC, manufacturing and/or biopharmaceutical entities (e.g. transfer pricing).
- Good leadership & analytical skills, with a hands-on attitude.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and initiative.
- Capable of taking ownership and responsibility, with appropriate support, for direct and indirect taxes.
- Ability to work in a virtual multi-cultural team and to build strong working relationships with a diverse range of co-workers and other individuals.
- Flexible in time to have calls with Tax CoE and other coworkers in other time zones.
- Willing to travel, mainly in the EMEA Region, to attend the subsidiaries under his/her responsibility.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!