- Reference: SJ45061
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Leitrim, Roscommon, Sligo
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
The Finance & Administration Manager is responsible for the efficient running of back-office operations of the company He or she will effectively manage financial and human resources, and technical, IT and administrative systems. He or she will be a key addition to the management team and will work alongside the partners to actively support and contribute towards the continued growth of the company and the achievement of our vision and objectives. The role is very much a hands-on book-keeping role as well as a financial management role.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities:
- To manage the Company’s financial affairs, including management and statutory accounts together with longer term financial projections and to ensure that the most efficient and effective financial control systems and reporting mechanisms are in place;
- To prepare monthly management reports and quarterly management accounts and projections, in consultation with the General Manager for presentation to Partners
- To prepare the year-end financial accounts for audit and to liaise with the Auditors prior to sign-off.
- To supervise the production of regular salary payments and records, PRSI and pension contributions in accordance with Revenue Commissioner requirements.
- To liaise with Revenue Commissioners to ensure completion of P30 and VAT returns in a timely and efficient manner;
- To oversee all VAT matters, looking at efficient ways of reducing VAT liability and keeping abreast of current VAT legislation;
- Creditors and Debtors
- To deal with the company’s bank in respect of payments and receipts, and cash lodgements. To ensure that all bank accounts and credit card statements are regularly reviewed and reconciled;
- To ensure that all the Company’s expenditure is correctly authorised and accounted for;
- To manage compliance with Department administrative requirements, including efficient and up to date record-keeping and the filing of all returns, in a timely and efficient manner;
- To manage Point of Sale systems, product listing, pricing, stock control, sales reporting and to liaise with our till system supplier to resolve technical issues;
- To ensure the overall smooth running of the Company’s internal administration and its cost-effectiveness.
- To manage, in conjunction with the General Manager, team contracts and other HR matters;
- To manage procedures in relation to recruitment, training, performance management and holidays, ensuring these are properly documented, and advise on relevant policies.
- To ensure that appropriate policies are in place with regard to procurement and purchasing to secure the best deals from suppliers, and prices are regularly checked;
- To maintain a fixed asset register.
- To maintain a risk register.
- To ensure that the Company’s legal responsibilities are met, in particular that all necessary insurance is properly in place.
- To be responsible for Data Protection compliance;
- To be responsible for the Company’s IT resources, maintaining and reviewing the most appropriate and efficient systems.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Accounting qualification and post-qualification experience
- Successful track record of financial and management accounting
- Experience of managing IT resources
- Experience of managing staff and associated employment issues
- Previous experience in financial and administrative operations in the hospitality or farming sectors.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent planner and strategic thinker.
- Excellent risk management and cost control skills.
- Ability to take responsibility for decisions made and to learn from the outcome.
- Ability to deliver timely results despite obstacles and limited resources.
- A strong grasp of all relevant legislation and of how it applies to the role.
- Commercial acumen and ability to think creatively.
- Excellent advocacy, presentation and communication skills.
- Good understanding of relevant IT systems
- Excellent negotiation and relationship management skills.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!