- Reference: 45559
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Leinster, Offaly, Westmeath
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
The role of this key team member within the Engineering Department will include responsibility for the maintenance and calibration of all process equipment and utilities. This will include working with teams internally within the company as well as managing external contractors to adhere to company standards. It will also include day to day operation of the utilities and systems to support manufacturing. It will also include management of projects as required.
- Day to day operation, repair and maintenance of all utilities and systems necessary to support manufacturing and to ensure the safe and efficient operation of all systems. Systems will include purified water, water for injection, HVAC, compressed air, Pure steam and plant steam.
- Work with manufacturing, Quality and outside vendors to schedule servicing, Calibration and validation work on equipment and utilities.
- Assist with the routine re-qualification of temperature storage areas including the temperature mapping and validation of various fridges, freezers, incubators and cold rooms.
- Assist with the validation and requalification of the GMP autoclave and loads.
- Manage the calibration of instrumentation on plant equipment and utilities and preparation of SOP’s for all items. Maintain the master instrument list for the site and ensure all calibration standards are suitable for use and certified.
- Gather maintenance and calibration data for preparation of SOP’s and setting up of maintenance system and records using PEMAC CMMS software.
- Identification and management of critical spare parts for the site.
- Participate in Engineering Department on cross –functional projects and daily support of process development and manufacturing as required.
- Manage any upgrade or improvement projects as required throughout the facility.
- Adhere to safe working practices as set out in the safety statement and other safety instructions. Also, assist in providing a safe place of work for employees and participate/lead risk assessments for all equipment and systems on site.
- Participate in Quality and Safety regulatory audits as required and input to similar supplier audits.
- Participation in the call out system to cover out of hours’ alarms.
- Operation and maintenance of the onsite plant monitoring system
- General maintenance duties as arising on site.
- Other duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree/Diploma/Apprenticeship in relevant Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in pharmaceutical/healthcare industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience in calibration and validation of utilities and equipment including fridges, freezers, incubators and autoclaves.
- Experience working with and managing external contractors
- Ability to prioritise, plan and manage tasks to meet agreed deadlines.
- Good problem solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to maintain very clear records of work completed
- Ability to work on your own initiative or as part of a team across all departments.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact David Lennon on 09064 78104 and email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!