- Reference: CJ43643
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork city, Munster
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Purpose: To engineer and implement highly capable & effective manufacturing processes to meet business goals and objectives, in conjunction with providing technical/engineering maintenance & calibration support involved in delivering equipment/fixture type solutions that result in optimum manufacturing practices.
- Responsible for Manufacturing Engineering of a given area.
- Works with Value Stream and Quality Engineering Manager to deliver business objectives – lean manufacturing metrics, VIP, cycle time, scarp as %VOP etc.
- Responsible for developing a world class-manufacturing group that is proficient in problem solving manufacturing issues using Six-Sigma tools.
- Drives IBP (Integrated Business Plan) contract deliverables by providing input on process technology selection.
- Develops and executes departmental budgets and capital spending.
- Leads or represents function in periodic business metric reviews.
- Initiates cross-functional partnerships to identify and resolve production/engineering issues.
- Prioritizes and drives execution of multiple complex department projects. Sponsors and supports Operations Value Improvement Process (VIP) or Strategic Activity Review (STAR) projects.
- Responsible for the departmental basics including budgeting, hiring, day-to-day management, project resourcing, etc.
- Establishes and supports a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the company Quality policy, Quality System & the appropriate regulations for the area.
- Ensures employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
- Maintain compliance metrics around adherence to preventative maintenance schedule and calibration schedule.
- Ensure relevant documentation is prepared and updated in line with all Quality and Regulatory guidelines and promotes full compliance to all GMP & E&AS requirements.
- Keep abreast of all relevant technological advancements.
- Maintain and develop the team’s technical and trouble shooting skills.
- Sustain an environment of continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with technical management in sister sites and R&D.
- Develop new equipment/processes as necessary.
- Develop and implement the appropriate maintenance procedures and protocols to ensure processes remain in control at all times.
- Oversee the specification and purchase of capital equipment ensuring balance between optimizing technological capabilities and return on investment.
- Manage the planning and execution of equipment validations per E&AS requirements.
- Providing technical leadership on maintenance and equipment issues.
- Provide effective and responsive Calibration support to Operations to meet their area’s objectives of quality, cost and output.
- Development of automation solutions from concept through feasibility, user requirement specification, vendor selection and procurement.
- Integration of new equipment to existing Manufacturing Execution System.
- Provide electrical and control support to maintenance engineering team.
- Degree or Masters in relevant Engineering or Science discipline (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electronic, Production etc) with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience and ideally 4/5 years experience.
- Project Management skills would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to make effective decisions.
- Excellent problem solver.
- Excellent communications ability.
- Demonstrable ability to work autonomously.
- Technological pioneer, willing to source, investigate and implement technological and automation advances on the floor.
- Experience/training in problem solving and process improvement methodologies (Engineering Essentials TM).
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Kaylie on 021 4911064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!