- Reference: GJ446635
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Galway City, Mayo
- Category: Medical Devices
Working with Equipment Engineering, the successful candidate will assist R&D and Operations on New Product Development Programs and Sustaining Programs by participating on the Design, Build, Commissioning and Qualification of New Equipment as well as Equipment Upgrades. The Role is primarily based in Galway, a World Class Facility, although traveling abroad may be required from time to time and for short periods.
In conjunction with Manufacturing and R&D, Develops new Automated manufacturing and test equipment and systems used in the development and production of medical devices. Independently or as member of a team; develops specifications, designs, plans and builds complex manufacturing and test automated equipment and software systems.
- Defines Control Platform and Delivers Software Development for new designs and equipment updates, Participates in Equipment Design Reviews, Delivers Equipment Documentation under BSC quality SOPs and following GDP.
- Manages projects and portions of projects as part of a larger team.
- Supervises the work and gives direction to other Junior Equipment Automation and Control Engineers.
- Determines Project schedules and works with team and other departments across the plant to ensure adherence.
- Works closely with the customer to understand requirements and propose creative and cost effective solutions.
- Generates quotations, concepts and business cases for new and upgraded equipment.
- Candidates are required to hold an Engineer Degree equivalent to or above NFQ Level 8.
- Candidates are required to have a minimum of 6 years experience in a similar role.
- Candidates are required to have excellent communication skills
Required Technical Skills
Candidates shall have proven experience in all of the following areas:
- PLC Programing
- HMI/SCADA Design.
- PID Design and Tuning.
- Servo Control.
- Machine Electrical & Safety Design as per European Machinery Directive and derivate Standards.
- Project Management Skills
- Candidate shall have proven experience in some of the following areas:
- VB6 & VBA programing.
- VB.NET & Object Orientated Programing.
- T-SQL Programing.
- LabView Development.
- Medical Device or Pharmaceutical Industry.