- Reference: 44358
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Longford, Offaly, Westmeath
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Senior Engineering Technician – MIDLANDS.
Seeking to recruit a Senior Engineering Technician to join a growing team in the Engineering Department based in the Midlands. You will take responsibility for the maintenance and calibration of all process equipment and utilities at the site. This will include working with teams internally as well as managing external contractors to adhere to company standards. It will also include day to day operation of the utilities and systems to support manufacturing. It will also include management of projects as required.
- Day to day operation and maintenance of all utilities and systems necessary to support manufacturing and to ensure the safe and efficient operation of all systems. Systems will include purified water, water for injection, Pure steam and plant steam.
- Work with manufacturing, Quality and outside vendors to schedule servicing, Calibration and validation work on equipment and utilities.
- Manage the routine re-qualification of temperature storage areas including the temperature mapping and validation of various fridges, freezers, incubators and cold rooms. Prepare protocols and reports as required for this work.
- Manage the validation and requalification of the GMP autoclave and loads.
- Manage the calibration of instrumentation on plant equipment and utilities and preparation of SOP’s for all items. Maintain the master instrument list for the site and ensure all calibration standards are suitable for use and certified.
- Gather maintenance and calibration data for preparation of SOP’s and setting up of maintenance system and records using PEMAC CMMS software.
- Identification and management of critical spare parts for the site.
- Participate in Engineering Department on cross –functional projects and daily support of process development and manufacturing as required.
- Manage any upgrade or improvement projects as required throughout the facility.
- Adhere to safe working practices as set out in the safety statement and other safety instructions. Also, assist in providing a safe place of work for employees and participate/lead risk assessments for all equipment and systems on site.
- Participate in Quality and Safety regulatory audits as required and input to similar supplier audits.
- Setting up and carrying out of environmental tasks required for compliance with IPC licence.
- Participation in the call out system to cover out of hours’ alarms.
- Operation and maintenance of the onsite plant monitoring system
- General maintenance duties as arising on site.
- Other duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager
Qualification / Experience:
- Degree/Diploma/Apprenticeship in relevant Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in pharmaceutical/healthcare industry.
- Experience of maintenance of all systems to support a manufacturing facility.
- Knowledge and experience in calibration and validation of utilities and equipment including fridges, freezers, incubators and autoclaves.
- Experience working with and managing external contractors
- Ability to prioritise, plan and manage tasks to meet agreed deadlines.
- Excellent project management capability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Systems / process management – Ability to maintain very clear records of work completed
- Ability to work on your own initiative or as part of a team across all departments
To appy please contact email@example.com or tel 09064 78104.