- Reference: CJ44809
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Munster, Waterford
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Provide technical support for the day to day operation of the manufacturing plant to ensure the flow of quality product is maintained to the customer on time and at or below standard cost. Lead a team to realise significant strategic projects to improve manufacturing, technical and engineering systems & outcomes to a World Class standard, using suitable standardised project management systems. Provide professional leadership example to Technical, Production and other departments. Provide leadership both directly, and by example, as befits a senior position.
- Apply engineering methods in the design, development, utilisation, maintenance, and cost-control of processes and equipment used to build company products, improve quality and reduce costs of such processes and products.
- Develop in-depth process knowledge and systematically record it using Process FMEAs, Design of Experiments, Procedures, Standard Work documents and Troubleshooting Guides.
- Ensure proactive response to all customer complaints, whether internally generated or externally generated, by seeking root cause for problems and correcting them at the source.
- Validate new and modified processes to required FDA and ISO standards.
- Drive a continuous improvement philosophy and manage continuous improvement initiatives to reduce variation and promote predictable process performance and achieve the highest levels of product and process quality within the business, meeting or exceeding both internal and external customer expectations.
- Management of the ongoing standardisation of the process and products from within the company and major customer sites, including the standardisation of engineering management processes.
- The improvement of productivity through local initiatives involving the modification of methods, layouts and equipment.
- Overall control and application of best practice Engineering and Maintenance methods leading to World Class Manufacturing performance.
- Support the introduction of new technologies and new products from other company & customer manufacturing sites. This will include taking products from R&D and developing efficient manufacturing processes, which deliver product that conforms to the company’s rigorous quality standards.
- Lead the development and implementation of projects to improve manufacturing systems and practice to ensure strategic business requirements are delivered by maximising systems, people and processes. Projects will range in scope from programs of incremental improvement through to significant breakthroughs.
- Ensure those who report to you maintain the highest standards of personal performance as fits world class engineering & maintenance organisations.
- Preparation of department budgets and management of spending within the limits set by the annual budget.
- Ensure that in your absence, your department provides adequate day to day service. Ensure that other departments are informed of your arrangements.
- Ensure open communication and co-operation with Operations and Quality Assurance for the rapid recommendation and implementation of changes necessary to correct problems or improve the products and processes.
- Train and direct staff members in a manner that ensures that all processes and procedures are followed, that the highest levels of quality and workmanship are used in the construction and assembly of our products. Ensure that those who report to you receive all required training and are encouraged towards personal development.
- Selecting and leading cross functional teams to achieve improvement in productivity, efficiency, and quality in co-operation with Chaska.
- Undertake a flexible teamwork approach in sharing resources within the business to facilitate multiple simultaneous projects and process improvements.
Qualifications & Experience
- B.E Degree or equivalent.
- Master’s Degree in Lean Operations, Engineering or equivalent an advantage.
- Six Sigma green belt. Black belt an advantage.
- Greater than 10 years’ technical supervision and 5 years in management.
- Chartered Engineer status an advantage
- High volume labour intensive manufacturing experience
- Ability to communicate and work with people inside and outside the Department as necessary to execute these responsibilities.
- Experience managing an engineering function within a high-volume labour-intensive manufacturing environment in the medical device or healthcare sector.
- Experience of the supervision of technical & maintenance resources
- Ability to coordinate, plan and efficiently organise substantial engineering & maintenance resources.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling on 021 4809118 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!