- Reference: SJ44967
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Donegal, Leitrim, Sligo
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Engineering Lead – Sligo
High calibre Engineering Lead required for a bio-pharmaceutical manufacturer in the Sligo region. The new Engineering Lead will primarily have oversight on the facilities and utilities for the site as well as managing capital projects.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will lead a team of engineers while interfacing with the global engineering group and engaging with the local onsite senior leadership team to deliver key strategic capital and engineering programs.
In this role, you will:
- Be the technical engineering lead, providing key support and input to the Senior Engineering Manager in ensuring the effective design and delivery of our strategic engineering projects, programs, site master plans and associated long range plans.
- Have responsibility for the successful design and delivery of site engineering programs (including capital spend), engaging with and influencing key stakeholders both on site and across the business
- Lead an engineering team with high performing capabilities.
- Foster culture of development and technical growth in the team; leveraging internal and external expertise to strengthen technical capabilities.
- Generate and implement detailed plans for New Product Introductions/installations and product enhancements through creative thinking, incorporating market research, competitive analysis, customer input/feedback, advances in technology and business judgment.
- Have ownership for project budget management & adherence.
- Develop and consider alternative solutions and innovation to maximize business results, fostering a culture of new ideas and methodologies in the engineering team.
- Support the Engineering Manager in ensuring effective delivery of best in class engineering support services to our commercial manufacturing operation.
- Leverage and share previous knowledge and experience of best in class Maintenance Excellence, Calibration, Automation, Utilities and Energy management systems.
- Partner with Engineering Manager and key internal stakeholders (Operations, Quality, Supply Chain etc) to advance the engineering support services capabilities, building on previous successes and lesson learnt to deliver improvements year on year.
- Degree in Process; Chemical; Mechanical; Electrical Engineering or other related discipline.
- Lean Six Sigma Experience / Certified Green Belt or equivalent preferred.
- At least 5 years relevant engineering experience (with direct or indirect resource management) is essential. cGMP Pharma environment experience is an advantage.
- 5 + years’ experience with the design and installation of process equipment & facilities in the pharmaceutical industry (Desirable) or medical device industry.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar Engineering supervisory role.
- Demonstrated project leadership, both direct and indirect resources management through 1-2-1 and team based coaching and mentoring.
- Ability to influence, clearly articulate expectations and communicate key messaging is vital for this role.
- Experience of current cGMP requirement of an FDA/HPRA approved facility.
- Experience working on validated systems.
Competitive salary and excellent remuneration package on offer
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Davin Ferguson on 0719140251 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!