- Reference: GJ44328
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
As a key member of the R&D department and reporting to the Lead Electronic Engineer you will develop electronic circuit designs for new products; optimise electronics circuits of existing products; delivering to agreed standards on time and on budget.
- Responsible for the proper conduct of electronics design projects, liaising with other departments, component suppliers, application support, test houses and others as required.
- Generate requirement specifications and verification protocols during the design and development process
- Act as a key technical driver/contributor to help design new products by applying innovation skills and working cross-functionally. Elements associated with success will be:
- Creation and development of innovative circuits
- Technical presentations and discussions
- Feasibility studies
- Innovative component selection to optimise cost and performance benefits
- Ensuring designed products have a competitive advantage.
- Lead technical root cause analyses in resolution of production or field quality issues, supporting Sustaining, Supply Chain, Quality or Commercial functions as appropriate.
- Design new circuits or modify existing circuits/components to efficiently meet product specifications and customer needs.
- Iinstruct, guide and coordinate PCB designers as required.
- Act as R&D representative on selected project teams, providing inputs to cross functional teams, generating project timelines and budgets and ensuring delivery of requirements.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
Honours Electronics Engineering Degree
Hands-on experience in analog and digital circuit design
Excellent schematic design experience
- Strong analog design experience with low frequency circuits
- Digital circuit experience with embedded processors
- Awareness of C/C++ and Assembler programming and techniques
- Awareness of regulations that apply in consumer and medical electronic products
- Strong documentation skills
- Experience in concept generation and systems design
- Self-motivation and the ability to motivate others in pursuit of solutions
- Awareness of manufacturing/assembly process and techniques
- Excellent team player
- Attentive to detail
- Track record of on time, on budget project delivery
- Quality focused
- Commercially aware
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please email your CV to:email@example.com