- Reference: AJ42597
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin North, Meath, Other
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
The company specializes in industrial grade design, construction, installation, fabrication, maintenance and repair projects.
This is permanent position for someone who is adaptable, flexible, ambitious and willing to put in the effort.
This is a key position in the company and the candidate will be responsible for the successful electrical design of various projects. The company works primarily in the industrial sector, including water/ wastewater treatment sector, and is involved in the design and build MEICA plant including civil construction.
Electrical Engineer responsibilities;
As Electrical Engineer your main responsibilities will include:
- Electrical design of water, wastewater and industrial plant installations from Concept Stage through to Detail Design, including the generation of Bills of Quantities and for-construction drawings.
- Prepare outline and detailed design documents, specifically; SLD’s, Switch-room layouts, Electrical Schematics (LV/MV), Electrical Equipment Schedules, Control & Instrumentation Drawings, Lighting / Security / Fire / Access Control drawings, Work Instructions, Method Statements, As-built surveys & documentation.
- Evaluate specified or proposed electrical plant in the context of performance, quality, reliability and cost. Make recommendations to the Projects, Manufacturing and Purchasing teams.
- Review project design proposals to ensure that customer specifications and 3rd Party requirements are met.
- Reviews documents produced by outside consultants to ensure conformance with Company policies and objectives, accepted standards, and appropriate engineering policies and procedures.
- Be responsible for the Electrical Engineering function in interactions with internal and external clients in the areas of Procurement, Manufacturing, Installation, Testing, Commissioning, Client handover.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation on design changes and requests.
- Plan and execute design projects in a timely manner, maintain focus on multiple, concurrent design projects if required.
- Help drive continuous improvement activities within Engineering & Construction/Installation.
Electrical Engineer Knowledge, Skills & Experience;
- Hold a relevant BEng (Hons) or MEng degree in Electrical Engineering with 5 years post graduate experience in MV/LV equipment systems design.
- Proficiency in Engineering Design software (AutoCAD).
- Experience in the schematic & layout design of Motor Control Centres.
- Experience with detailed electrical switchgear design including an understanding and knowledge of the following:
- MCC design and installation.
- Motor Controllers, Motor Starters, VSD, Soft Start, DOL and other starter circuits.
- Cable sizing.
- Selection of protective devices.
- System Wiring, Relays, Circuit Breakers and hard-wired logic controllers.
- Instrumentation, Control and Automation.
- Experience in the generation of BOQ’s.
- Experience in the Water/ Wastewater sector is an advantage.
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job description (or more information on the role), please contact Tina Egan on 09064 78104or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!