- Reference: LK44345-9
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Limerick, Tipperary
- Category: Bio-Pharmaceutical
Title: Electrical Engineer (Senior)
- Utilize excellent troubleshooting skills with hands on approach to identify root cause and corrective actions.
- Complete product design enhancement projects; improve reliability and upgrade current designs leading to increased value and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to provide hands on engineering support to production process including design, build and/or testing of fixtures and prototypes.
- Assist technical service teams with field application issues as necessary.
- Directly apply knowledge in electronics and electro-optics to execute overall project assignments.
- Hold design reviews for modules and subsystems. Participate in design reviews of other team members.
- Learn and practice the BD Global Product Development System phase gate design process. Conduct project work in compliance with BD internal processes, ISO 9001, and FDA cGMP standards for the design of Medical Devices.
- Manage product changes using the change control process and the electronic SAP Change Management system.
- Interact closely with software, systems, mechanical and electrical engineering functions to develop comprehensive solutions to design problems.
Essential Personal Criteria
It is essential that you have proven experience of working with FPGAs and complex instrumentations within any industry. You should hold a degree, or equivalent, preferably in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. You must demonstrate a solid and extensive understanding of FPGA design and verification including, but not limited to state machines, high speed data acquisition, digital signal processing and external components.
Knowledge of printed circuit board digital design is required and standard software skills would be desirable.
This role would be well suited to someone with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience of working efficiently with remote teams would be highly beneficial, but not essential. You should be self-motivated, independent and comfortable working in a matrix, global team environment.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential discussion please call 061 512 274.