- Reference: GJ43820
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Limerick
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
You will be responsible for the maintenance and reliability enhancements of the electrical and electronic subsystems of Diagnostic Systems instrumented products. Work closely with Electrical, Mechanical, Systems and Software Engineers to troubleshoot, determine root cause of product failure and provide timely solutions. Must be able to gather requirements for product features and functionality, and incorporate them into an improved upgraded product.
- Support Diagnostic Systems products and product assemblies from production release throughout production life and service (sustaining engineering).
- Utilize excellent troubleshooting skills with hands on approach to identify root cause and corrective actions.
- Complete product design enhancement projects; improve reliability and upgrade current designs leading to increased value and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to provide hands on engineering support to production process including design, build and/or testing of fixtures and prototypes.
- Assist technical service teams with field application issues as necessary.
- Directly apply knowledge in electronics and electro-optics to execute overall project assignments.
- Hold design reviews for modules and subsystems. Participate in design reviews of other team members.
- Learn and practice the Global Product Development System phase gate design process. Conduct project work in compliance with internal processes, ISO 9001, and FDA cGMP standards for the design of Medical Devices. Manage product changes using the change control process and the electronic SAP Change Management system.
- Interact closely with software, systems, mechanical and electrical engineering functions to develop comprehensive solutions to design problems.
- Interact with Manufacturing, Medical, Regulatory, Quality and Field Service throughout product life cycle providing technical assessments and communications to business leadership.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience, or a MSEE with 1 year relevant experience that includes the following areas:
- PCB layout, construction and test techniques.
- Electrical hardware design experience with off the shelf embedded computer systems, single board computers, and their associated hardware peripherals such as LCDs, touchscreens, and storage devices. Familiarity with PC/104 and PCI bus standards.
- Electro-mechanical-firmware integration of motion control systems including servo and stepper motors, actuators and position sensors.
- temperature control, driving heaters, blowers and TEC devices including interfacing to temperature sensing devices such as RTDs, thermistors and solid state devices.
- Interfacing optical hardware, LEDs, photodiodes, laser diodes, PMTs, etc..
- Standard interfaces: RS232, RS422, USB, I2C, SPI, Ethernet and CAN.
- Digital logic circuit design using micro-controllers, DSPs, CPLDs, FPGAs, etc. Embedded programming experience in Assembler, C and VHDL languages desired
- Analog small signal conditioning circuitry design and the application of A/Ds and D/As.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please email your CV to: email@example.com