- Reference: 43089
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cavan, Longford, Westmeath
- Category: Production
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for providing technical support to ensure efficient running of production including mechanical and electrical work.
- The development, commissioning and support of automation and control systems.
- Automation and control systems design, specification, programming, simulation, testing and start-up assistance.
- Technical responsibility maintaining, developing, troubleshooting and validating the systems in a compliant manner.
- Specification and selection of equipment controls hardware, including PLCs, HMIs, control hardware, robotics, industrial network hardware, pneumatic hardware, motors, inverters, power supplies, safety hardware and process instrumentation.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in the area of process and equipment development i.e. equipment / process control and monitoring. Provide support and programming for PLCs, motion control and PC controlled equipment.
- Build and develop contacts with external technical representatives, vendors agents etc, in order to keep abreast of technological developments, new product introductions etc. in the controls / electrical field
- Monitor and evaluate safety practices and ensure compliance with legislation where relevant. (CE compliance of equipment)
- Troubleshooting electrical, mechanical and material handling systems for blow moulding machines.
- Repair of auxiliary equipment such as grinders, conveyors and finishing cells as required
- Carrying out preventative maintenance on blow moulding machines and adjustments to blow moulding process to ensure good production
- Logging and reporting downtime/quality issues
- Supporting product, process and equipment analysis and improvement projects
Working as member of a team to resolve open issues, drive process improvements in design, layout and operational performance
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job description (or more information on the role), please contact Donie Shine – email@example.com or call 0906478104.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!