- Reference: 41814
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin North, Dublin South, Dublin West
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Our Client : A leading commissioning and operational risk management engineering firm, are seeking to expand their Irish Team of Engineers based in Dublin.
Job Title: Commissioning Engineer III – Electrical
Reports To: Project Manager
Provides engineering and technical support to plan, schedule, coordinate and execute full life cycle commissioning of critical facilities. Participates in the MEP design process; witnesses the static and dynamic testing of complex mechanical, electrical and controls systems and operates the system in normal, maintenance and failure modes of operations by performing the following duties:
- Assists in the development of commissioning plans.*
- Assists in engineering design reviews.*
- Assists in the static and dynamic testing of UPS, emergency power, generators, central mechanical plants, chillers, cooling towers, pumps, precision HVAC systems, life safety and controls systems.*
- Interacts with contractors, interprets design and specifications.*
- Deals with clients, tries to resolves problems within the scope of the design.*
- Conducts site observation surveys and prepares field reports on the status of projects and completion of projects with respect to compliance to the plans and specifications.*
- Prepares punch list reports and determines corrective measures for on-site problems.*
- Prepares general condition survey reports.*
- Familiarizes oneself with codes, local project regulations, construction practices and the latest equipment functional concepts.*
- Familiarizes oneself and complies with all the projects safety requirements including specific on-site regulations.*
- Communicates all projects safety concerns to employees involved projects.*
- Performs routine calculations.*
- Applies and reinforces education programs.*
- Participates in professional trade associations and societies.*
- Acts as project coordinator with other field engineers, coordinating printing, presentation and administration procedures.*
- Reviews shop drawings and submittals.*
- Develops MEP test procedures.*
- Develops MEP operating procedures.*
- Responds to RFI’s when requested by PM Team.*
- Monitors performance of contractors.
- Performs various administrative duties and adhoc as assigned.
Qualifications / Experience Consist of:
Degree Qualified (Engineering) advantage
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Strong IT computer skills experience required.
Min of 8 years + commissioning experience
Project management skills/experience, ability to oversee and manage multiple client projects
Background/experience in Critical facilities required
To apply and for full brief please contact Mary Mullin on 09064 78104 – email firstname.lastname@example.org