- Reference: CJ43439
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Munster, Waterford
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Oversee, monitor and control all Environmental, Health and Safety activities to ensure conformance with all regulatory and legal requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The EHS Specialist will be expected to ensure and maintain excellent employee relations to the standards required by the company, including a variety of job related tasks, which may not be specific to this position profile.
- Be very familiar and up to date on all Environmental, Health and Safety regulations and legal requirements and develop our systems to assist in maintain our legislative compliance.
- Keep management informed of all significant regulatory requirements, significant safety weaknesses, and all key safety indicators.
- Maintain an updated and satisfactory Safety Policy, Safety Statement and Safety Manual.
- Ensure effective EH&S training of all employees by facilitating and undertaking, as required training of Management, Supervisors, Team Leads, Trainers and Line Lead personnel.
- Monitor EH&S performance throughout the plant through regular audits, check and inspections. Ensure speedy corrective action in the case of non-conformances.
- Coordinate the setting of EH&S goals for the plant and provide regular feedback and two way communication to add between employees and management.
- Schedule and conduct regular fire drills and exercises to ensure highest state of readiness for evacuation for all employees and Emergency Response Employees in the event of a major emergency.
- Coordinate continual improvement programs on emergency response programs.
- Carry our plant risk assessments.
- Ensure adequate monitoring of all significant safety risks throughout the plant including, ergonomics, hazardous environments, chemicals, fumes vapours, noise, mechanical, electrical, biological and radiological exposures.
- Maintain Emergency Equipment under remit of EHS Department.
- Organise and chair regular safety committee meetings.
- Review method statements, permit contractors, undertake contractor inductions and maintain records of contractors (Safety Statements, Insurance, Training Records etc).
- Coordinate with management and supervisors to ensure compliance with OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Assessments Series.
- Monitor and ensure adequate Environmental Health and Safety records are maintained.
- Ensure adequate briefings of management prior to all external communications.
- Coordinate with management and supervisors to ensure compliance with all EHS policies and legislation
- Coordinate with management and supervisors to ensure compliance with ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
- Ensure regular monitoring of all chemical storage, chemical handling, effluent and stack emissions in accordance with policies to protect the environment.
- Coordinate integration of EHS management systems with ISO13845 quality system.
- Be an active member of the team and work with all employees to develop a world class lean manufacturing system.
- Ensure the company behavioural standards are adhered to.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Diploma level in Environmental Health and Safety or a technical discipline with at least 3 years’ experience in a EH&S role.
- Good understanding of Irish & E.U legislation on health safety and environmental affairs.
- Ability to communicate and work with people inside and outside the company as necessary to execute these responsibilities.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Emer O’ Callaghan on 021 4911061 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!