- Reference: CJ45000
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Health & safety
The EHS Officer is responsible for the maintenance and continuous improvement of the company’s Environmental, Health and Safety system to ensure compliance with legislative, corporate and external certification system requirements.
- Continue the development & implementation of an IPC application with the EPA.
- Maintenance of environmental discharge licence and preparation of reports for submission to licencing authority.
- Ensure monitoring and sampling is carried out in accordance with licence & site requirements.
- Management of site waste including maintenance of waste records and waste contractor permits.
- Provide guidance to plant personnel regarding environmental tasks and responsibilities and carry out training as required.
- Ensure calibration and maintenance of environmental equipment is carried out as required.
- Maintain and review environmental legislation register. Research, plan and incorporate new requirements.
- Monitor on-site chemical usage for regulatory compliance and customer restricted substance specifications.
- Review and update environmental procedures and records to ensure compliance with environmental discharge licence and ISO 14001 requirements.
- Carry out internal environmental audits & ensure identified corrective/preventative actions are completed.
- Monitor performance of environmental abatement equipment and work with Maintenance personnel to ensure compliance with environmental requirements.
- Research and develop miscellaneous projects for continuous improvement of plant environmental performance.
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained to a high standard through monitoring and providing leadership and guidance to plant personnel.
Health & Safety Duties
- Maintain and review health and safety legislation register. Research, plan and incorporate new requirements.
- Review and update health and safety procedures and records to ensure compliance with legislation and associated guidance documents.
- Review and update plant safety statement as required.
- Review and maintain MSD sheets and register for all relevant site materials & incorporate requirements appropriately to ensure compliance with handling, storage and PPE specifications.
- Review and maintain compliance system for REACH requirements.
- Carry out risk assessments for plant operations and ensure appropriate PPE is provided where required.
- Provide training for plant personnel on miscellaneous health and safety issues.
- Ensure procedures and systems for emergency response, fire drills and first aid are kept up to date and reviewed regularly.
- Carry out internal health and safety audits & ensure identified corrective/preventative actions are completed.
- Monitor adherence to health and safety procedures. Report non-conformances for action and assist in the investigation and resolution of incidents and non-compliances.
- Research and develop miscellaneous projects and equipment for continuous improvement of plant health and safety performance.
- Degree level in EH&S or science discipline.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in an EH&S role in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in both ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 would be a distinct advantage.
- Self-motivated with good organisational, planning, communication and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to work with others to achieve responsibilities.
- Full understanding of EH&S requirements, SOPs and plant policies.
- Good PC and report writing skills.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, documentation and data analysis skills. The candidate should also have a good understanding of EH&S legislation, regulations & guidelines.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling on 021 4809118 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!