- Reference: AJ43811
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Louth, Meath, Monaghan
- Category: Health & safety
The successful EHS Manager will report to the General Manager on site. The EHS Manager will have responsibilty to implement and manage Health, Safety and Environmental Management systems that will ensure that the Dundalk Site achieves and continues to improve upon statutory and company standards. THE EHS Manager will also be the Key driver of continuous improvement in the environment.
- Be an expert on Irish and European Legislation and Guidance relating to Health, Safety and Environment issues and liaise with relevant statutory bodies.
- Lead in the development of Health, Safety and Environmental systems at the Dundalk Site and ensure the Company is in compliance with regulations.
- Construct and manage annual improvement plans for Health, Safety and Environmental matters and implement in conjunction with local management teams.
- Carry out internal auditing & inspection of the system to ensure to continuous improvement of the system.
- Co-coordinating risk management process for site.
- To attend and support site H&S meetings and H&S Forum meetings, working with the site management team, site safety representatives and workforce managing safety and environment.
- To manage the SHE budget to include improvement projects linked to safety and environment.
- To Build close working relationships with key contacts with the HSE and feedback monthly to the site.
Environment & Energy
- To drive the continual improvement of the environmental / Energy performance of the plant by carrying out regular audits on the system
- To manage any complaints that are made with regard to environmental performance.
- To ensure that the site is legally compliant in environmental legislation.
- To carry out waste contractor auditing
The EHS Manager will:
- Hold a degree or equivalent third level qualification in Health and Safety.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in Health and Safety within the food industry
- Experience in Environmental Management.
- Knowledge and understanding of production processes.
- Financial and commercial understanding.
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job description (or more information on the role), please contact Tina Egan on 09064 78104or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!