- Reference: CJ44545
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Health & safety
Responsible for developing/improving EHS systems, policies and strategies.
- Planning and implementation of EHS systems.
- Preparation of EH & S reports as required particularly for submission to regulatory authorities.
- Develop, maintain and review Health and Safety programmes to ensure it meets and exceeds legislative and industry requirements.
- Perform environmental and health and safety audits.
- Conduct risk assessments and equipment validations
- Develop and implement plans to obtain ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certification.
- Key member of the safety team.
- Control and logging of all hazardous waste shipments.
- Establish priorities for development of hazard control programme and participate in their implementation.
- Regular strategic review of EH & S programme in line with the concept of continuous improvements and provide suitable measurements for EHS programmes at plant level.
- Establish metrics for assessing E H & S effectiveness
- Ensure adequate evacuation and response arrangements are in place for fire and emergency situations.
- Drive activities around waste stream management.
- Liaise with Facilities and Manufacturing teams to ensure changes to manufacturing process meet requirements of site Waste Water Licence.
- Lead and participate in cross functional and cross divisional process improvement initiatives
- The EHS Engineer will from time to time be required to support specific EHS driven projects in our facilities based in Cork and/or Limerick as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Engineering, Science or equivalent is required with a Diploma or equivalent in Health & Safety.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a regulatory environment.
- A proven track record of success as an EHS Engineer in a large Medical Device (or related industry) manufacturing facility is desirable.
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance procedures, publications and an ability to interpret relevant legislation on behalf of the company.
- Excellent communication, presentation and training skills.
- High level of PC skills required. The successful candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint packages.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of working as part of a multi-disciplined team.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Emer O’ Callaghan on 021 4911061 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!