- Reference: CJ43241y
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork city, Munster
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
EH&S Engineer – Pharmaceutical
Reporting to the EHS&S Manager, the EHS&E Engineer will manage the day to day operations of the EHS&E Department and ensure that the specific Site and EHS&E Projects are delivered in accordance with Site EHS Systems, Standards and all of the relevant Legislative and Corporate requirements.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Contribute the ongoing review of the site EHS&E policies.
Risk Management (Projects)
- Risk management; actively identify the aspects of major engineering projects involving tech transfers, New Product Introductions
- Organise and participate in the required PHAs/HAZOPs related to specific equipment and processes.
- Identify the relevant occupational risks related to Ergonomics, Health and Hygiene.
- Work with Health advisors to develop the required mitigation plans.
- Compile the relevant strategy documentation, i.e.; ATEX, HAC and integration into site EPD;
- Occupational Health/Hygiene and relevant monitoring plans; URS EHS&E requirements and legislative/corporate specifications;
- Management of Change – complete/update all relevant risk assessments;
- Complete ongoing assessments and inspections of contractors/suppliers and participate in FATs/SATs and handover exercises.
- Participate in the development/review of the site environmental programmes to ensure that they meet legislative, corporate and industry requirements.
- Maintain the company’s licences and applicable corporate requirements.
- Maintain the company’s accreditation to ISO 14001 and ISO 50001
- Perform regular environmental audits within the plant.
- Liaise with site engineering and applicable departments to ensure the requirements of the site EHS&S systems, standards and applicable licences are implemented.
- Report on environmental performance within the various areas using approved KPI’s
- Ensure that a program and procedures are in place to effectively manage all waste streams according to legislative guidelines and industry best practice.
- Perform regular environmental self-assessment audits within the facility
- Develop, maintain and review health programs to ensure that they meet legislative, corporate and industry requirements.
- Maintain and further develop the industrial hygiene programme ensuring compliance with corporate guidelines.
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of company occupational health systems
- Provide direction and guidance to Site Management on the Site Safety Programme to ensure an interdependent safety culture.
- Develop, maintain and review safety programmes to ensure that they meet legislative, corporate and industry requirements.
- Maintain the company’s accreditation to OHSAS 18001
- Responsibility for the day-to-day application and maintenance of company safety systems
- Ensure that adequate evacuation and response arrangements are in place for fire/emergency situations.
- Perform regular safety self-assessment audits within the facility
- Coordinate safety committees and safety activities within the plant
- Initiate accident/incident investigations and follow up on action items
- Report on safety performance within the various areas using approved KPI’s
- Monitor and manage safety KPI’s
- Coordinate all of the applicable activities, such as; visitor and contractor control; emergency response and crisis management; physical security and access
- Degree in H&S essential (or equivalent), along with a technical qualification (relevant scientific or technology-based discipline preferred)
- 3-5 years’ experience in process safety including solvent handling essential
- Pharmaceutical or Chemical (or similar, eg. medical devices) industry background required
- GMP experience required plus experience in a highly regulated environment
Yes, 10 % of the Time
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Emer O’ Callaghan on 021 4911063 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!