- Reference: AJ 45510
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Longford, Offaly, Westmeath
- Category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Purpose of Job:
The EMEA Distribution Planner will be responsible for maintaining target levels of service for customer orders and service parts through the management of a demand based inventory ordering system.
- Design a demand based inventory ordering system to support customer orders and service parts demand in close collaboration with the planning, logistics, service, marketing, and sales teams.
- Facilitate the implementation of the inventory ordering system in all applicable distribution centers and service depots within the EMEA region.
- Integrate the implementation of the inventory ordering system with the Oracle R12 ERP implementation currently underway.
- Establish a stocking strategy for service parts in the EMEA region working closely with manufacturing, logistics, and service.
- Manage the inventory ordering system to maintain target level of service for both customer orders and service parts demand. Establish and track metrics to measure progress to these strategic goals.
- Optimize inventory orders to meet service goals subject to reasonable constraints around freight costs and logistics capacity limitations.
- Lead demand management activities related to service parts and customer orders for all products within scope of stocking strategy.
- Provide a rolling 12 month forecast for planned warehouse inventory orders and service parts demand to the Sales and Operations Planning process. Monitor forecast accuracy and perform root cause and corrective actions for items that do not meet the target.
- Will abide to Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Policies and any relevant other EHS documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in supply chain, operations, or logistics planning.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with ERP, MRP II, MRP, SCP, or DRP systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of project and program management concepts.
- Intermediate knowledge of inventory management such as the use of safety stock, decoupling stock, lead time stock, order interval stock, etc.
- Basic knowledge of time series forecasting models such as moving averages.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationships with internal customers, internal/external suppliers and fellow team members at all levels.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of applications (Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience working effectively with cross functional teams with remotely located team members and stakeholders.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!