- Reference: AJ45472
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Longford, Offaly, Westmeath
- Category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Purpose of Job:
The Regional Planning Leader will have two primary responsibilities:generating an accurate consensus forecast for the demand of units as well as disposable products to support one or more of markets and ensuring product in-stock rates at one, or more, regional distribution centers sufficient to meet customer requirements. The forecast must meet or exceed targets for accuracy and bias.
- Lead the process of collaborative demand forecasting for sales and rental units in all assigned market regions.
- Generate a baseline forecast through the statistical analysis of historical sales and rental data.
- Gather qualitative inputs from the marketing, sales, and service teams to enhance the baseline statistical forecast and to improve accuracy and bias. This will include identifying future pricing strategies, sales promotions, and product line changes.
- Facilitate demand review meetings with cross functional teams with the goal of finalizing a consensus forecast.
- Provide analytical support the Sales and Operations Planning process.
- Report and monitor forecast accuracy and bias. Identify root cause and corrective action when targets for accuracy and bias are not met.
- Communicate stock level information to regional leadership.
- Engage with Innovation Teams/New Product Teams to support supply chain planning associated with global new product releases.
- Develop and co-ordinate stock-out mitigation plans across a cross functional group including: manufacturing, service and marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Supply Chain, Engineering or a related field.
- 5 years + of relevant work experience in supply chain planning, sales forecasting, or financial analysis.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with ERP, MRP II, MRP, SCP, or DRP systems.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of time series forecasting models such as moving averages.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationships with internal customers, internal/external suppliers and fellow team members at all levels.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of applications (Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in visual data display and analysis including the appropriate use of tables, charts, and graphs.
- Oracle experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Sales and Operations Planning
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!