- Reference: CJ44729
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Information Technology
Reporting to the Planning and Reporting Manager, The Data Integration Specialist will development, implementation and maintenance of ETL solutions with the assistance the organization’s DBA.
- Responsible for integrating and mapping data into a primary full stack Microsoft SQL Server environment and other secondary solutions as required.
- Manually or automatically pull and format data from multiple sources originating from the external environments of our client and internal tools to the internal business intelligence environment according to functional design specs.
- Take responsibility for data quality setting up automated data profiling and analysing formats.
- Investigating document and correct any potential data discrepancies escalated to the team.
- Work closely with Client Implementation, Application Development, and Infrastructure teams to implement sound solutions while adhering to agile methodology and lean integration techniques.
- Responsible for projects or portions of end-to- end projects.
- Maintain proficiency in a variety of application and programming languages including SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and SQL while keeping up to data with changes and new developments within the dynamic ETL and Business Intelligence community.
- Complete adhoc work as required.
- Experience in SQL Server 2012 – 2016, SSRS, SSIS with a strong understanding of SSAS.
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing solutions, including reporting tools, ETL tools, and relational database design and implementation strategies.
- Solid understanding of dimensional modelling concepts, star-schema/snowflake data structures.
- Demonstrate the successful implementation of a previous ETL solution.
- Expert SQL and TSQL writing skills and relational database knowledge is desired.
- Experienced in the design, development, and optimization/tuning of database technologies.
- Ability to work in fast-paced business and technical environment, to learn quickly, and quickly apply new found knowledge.
- Hands-on experience with gathering business requirements, documenting the reporting and analysis specifications, and creating complex mappings and workflows.
- Highly organized can manage multiple projects, triage problems and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to handle conflicts, multiple priorities, able to balance and can adapt to the situation at hand regardless of the complexity.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to present information in one-on- one and small group situations to staff and other team members.
- Knowledge of emerging areas and new technologies relating to data management in an enterprise environment.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Karen Collins on 021 4911064 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!