- Reference: LK8798562
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Limerick, Limerick City, Tipperary
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
The function of this role is to assist in managing the company’s credit funtion and produce and analyse complex debt ledgers. You will hvae responsibility for the following:
- People management
- Build working relationship with customer accounts departments, regularly following up payments by telephone and email.
- Allocate payments in accordance with customer remittances.
- Prepare and reconcile Debtors Accounts and Debtors Leger.
- Prepare daily, monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Set-up and close accounts.
- Process and manage credit notes.
- Calculate, report and manage commercial and domestic debtor days. Ensure proper processes and systems are in place to reduce debtor days in accordance with the scorecard below.
- Deliver monthly and annual collection targets.
- Analyse and recommend periodic bad debt write-offs.
- Liaise with the Sales and Customer service Teams to resolve outstanding queries.
- Agree and manage payment plans with customers.
- Ensure that all prepared communications are accurately recorded in a timely manner.
- Monitor Direct Debits
- General credit control duties and other ad hoc duties as assigned by Financial Controller.
- Refer overdue accounts for legal action and manage the legal process.
- Review and implement new Credit Control Systems and Processes.
Requirements for the role:
- Minimum 5 years credit experience
- People management
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong understanding of debt ledgers
- Knowledge of SOX is advantageous
WRITING YOUR CURRICULUM VITAE What is the purpose of a CV? A CV is the first thing you think of when applying for a job, and people often wonder what an employer looks for in a good one. Your CV gives you the chance to tell the employer all about yourself and what you have […]read whole article
Jobseekers Guide – Cover Letters Cover letters are a basic requirement for most jobs, which is why it is so important to know exactly what a good one looks like. There are many examples on our website but here is a brief guide to prepare the perfect cover letter and CV for any job: Writing a Good […]read whole article
Everything you need to know to find a job, including; how to prepare a CV and cover letter, how to prepare for a job interview, how to navigate the modern job market, and much more.view more