- Reference: GJ44432 h
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Mayo
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
Credit Controller required with 3 years plus high volume environment. Experience in a SSC is highly desireable. Galway
- Build working relationship with customer accounts departments, regularly following up payments by telephone and email.
- Allocate payments in accordance with customer remittances.
- Prepare and reconcile Debtors Accounts and Debtors Leger.
- Prepare daily, monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Set-up and close accounts.
- Process and manage credit notes.
- Calculate, report and manage commercial and domestic debtor days. Ensure proper processes and systems are in place to reduce debtor days in accordance with the scorecard below.
- Deliver monthly and annual collection targets.
- Analyse and recommend periodic bad debt write-offs.
- Liaise with the Sales and Customer service Teams to resolve outstanding queries.
- Agree and manage payment plans with customers.
- Ensure that all prepared communications are accurately recorded in a timely manner.
- Monitor Direct Debits
- General credit control duties and other ad hoc duties as assigned by Financial Controller.
- Refer overdue accounts for legal action and manage the legal process.
- Review and implement new Credit Control Systems and Processes.
- Prioritise and manage a challenging workload whilst maintaining a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Deadline focused with ability to prioritise tasks, pro-active and results driven.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Sound numerical skills.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Systems especially MS Excel.
- Knowledge of Sage an advantage.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org