- Reference: 45232
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin North, Dublin West, Meath
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Controls Technicians x 2 – Permanent roles – Dublin West
We are recruiting for our clients an international and reputed and growing HVAC Control & Building Management Solutions Provider. Operations in USA, Asia, Ireland, Ireland & Dubai-UAE
We are recruiting for 2 controls Technicians to be based in – Dublin West –
Controls Technician for Building Management Systems (BMS) and Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems. You will be responsible for working on larger projects under the direction of a project manager or controls engineer.
- Installing DDC (Direct Digital Control) controllers
- Startup and checkout of control points and programming of Alerton Unitary controllers such as – VLC-44, VLC-550, VLC-853, VAV-DD, VAV-SD, VLC-1188. The ability to make programming changes as required is preferred.
- Familiarity with Alerton Building suite, Envision for BACtalk & Compass software is desired.
- Minor changes to existing Low voltage (<50 Volts) wiring
- Troubleshooting, testing and commissioning BMS & HVAC systems and electronics
- Read and write DDC Ladder-Logic style programming.
- Reading and understanding mechanical plans and wiring diagrams
- Coordinating work with other trades (ie: electricians, HVAC technicians, plumbers)
- Documenting work and procedures
- Properly addressing TCP/IP networks and RS-485 communications
- Analyzing and correcting communication issues
- Work according to project timelines and required processes
- Work on construction sites and follow required safety measures is required.
- Valid driver’s license
- Controls Technician, Instrumentation Technician, Electronics Technician or similar diploma obtained from an accredited educational institution is preferred.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position
- Must be comfortable with computers and Microsoft Office programs
- 1-3 years of experience in the building controls industry
- Previous experience with Alerton controls is considered a plus
- Previous experience with Microsoft Visio is preferred.
These are urgent positions – process will move very quickly.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Mary Mullin on 09064 78104 and email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!