- Reference: CJ43630
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Munster, Waterford
- Category: General Management
The Components Value Stream Manager (VSM) is the business owner for a defined area of responsibility known as the Value Stream. The VSM provides overall leadership, management and administrative oversight to all functions specifically production, quality, maintenance/engineering and supply chain, within the Value Stream that support the day-to-day manufacturing operations to obtain a safe, efficient, productive and economical manufacturing operation that meets or exceeds customer quality and specifications requirements. The VSM coordinates, communicates and monitors the production plan ensuring objectives are met in a quality, cost effective and timely manner while following environmental, health and safety regulations, FDA cGMP regulations, ISO13485 requirements and company policies/procedures.
• Assure compliance to applicable regulatory requirements through VS team’s adherence to SOPs and policies.
• Responsible for the ensuring that quality objectives are met
• Work as a change agent for the CI culture evolution; drive out waste in the manufacturing operation through the deployment of Lean methodology; increase the ratio of value to non-value and eliminate waste in the overall supply chain from start to finish
• In support of a self-directed value stream model, drive a continuous improvement culture by involving employees in problem solving and decision making as well as recognizing them for exceptional work
• Track daily performance. Verify counter measures and recovery plans are in place for missed targets. Ensure communication boards/tools are being used and maintained on a daily basis, adjusting as needed
• Recommend and implement changes regarding production capability, tooling, machine replacement and staffing to support production plans and cost-effective procedures, systems, tooling, equipment, etc., to continually improve manufacturing productivity
• Coordinate and direct activities that respond to customer and market needs through appropriate internal contacts including sales, customer solutions and/or organisation leadership
• Support new process/product development efforts and implementation
• Assist with developing and implementing current and future state value stream maps and continuous improvement plans
• Provide leadership for all assigned manufacturing operations to meet established business objectives, i.e. customer service levels, cycle times, cost control, quality standards, inventory levels, etc.
• Assure that established quality standards are effectively maintained as required to achieve defined results and improved as needed to reduce standard costs
• Work with production scheduling personnel to optimize the tradeoffs between customer service, inventory levels and plant resource utilisation
• Collaborate with functional support managers from Engineering and Quality to reduce downtime and improve overall process efficiency. Manage tooling, equipment maintenance and other related production support efforts to meet established business objectives, i.e., efficiencies, utilization set-up reduction, short cycle manufacturing efforts, housekeeping, cost controls, new product introductions, product/process revisions, etc.
• Actively support the development and execution of Cost Improvement Programs to meet established business objectives or needs
• Develop and foster open lines of communication to continually monitor employee attitudes and concerns, and implement appropriate actions with input from Human Resources
• Coordinate planning, staffing and development programs to support the short and long range manufacturing plans
• Provide coaching, information, ideas, feedback and encouragement to employees to promote the growth and development of the value stream team
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Business Operations/Administration or Engineering
Minimum 3-5 years previous Value Stream Management experience within a related industry desirable
• Excellent communication (written & verbal), presentation & interpersonal skills required
• Ability to establish and maintain multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously
• Strong business acumen needed; working knowledge of all support functions required including Quality, Engineering, Supply Chain, Human Resources, Finance, etc.
• Strong MS Office computer skills required; previous ERP/MRP systems experience required; Oracle, SAP or JDE preferred
• A self-motivated leader with a positive attitude and ability to influence the organization to achieve desired results
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Emer O’Callaghan 021 4911061 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!