- Reference: LK44791x
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Limerick, Tipperary
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for a CNC Project Engineer with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a permanent position.
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- Support key business metrics with ongoing process improvements and the introduction of new manufacturing processes and technologies.
- Identify and deliver process improvements through project planning, risk analysis, project implementation.
- Design & develop tools, fixtures, and gages for manufacturing operations and new product / process introductions.
- Identify and lead cost and technical improvements.
- Manage cross-functional teams to ensure CI & NPI projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner and managed in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Engage with the appropriate personnel in the identification and resolution of corrective / preventative actions to address quality, technical and manufacturing issues.
- Engage with customers on technical queries and requirements to include site visits to customer locations when required.
- Project Management – Accurate planning, timely delivery and reporting for all IPC (Intrinsic Process Capability) deliverables.
- Create and update Shop Floor Documentation, WI and Procedures to reflect current / revised practice.
- Develops and maintains methods, operations and processes to manufacturing parts.
- Manage production support, new product introduction and process improvement for a number of product lines across a wide range of CNC controlled and manual production equipment.
- Development of automated CAD/CAM/CAE manufacturing systems and programming of CNC tools.
- Degree level qualification in an engineering or science discipline
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a relevant discipline
- Confident in validation requirements on new equipment introductions, processes and process changes.
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving to deliver innovative solutions
- Knowledge of CNC Machine Tools & NC programming
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM/CAE computer systems
- Knowledge of PLC and Ladder Programming would be an advantageous
- Knowledge and understanding of quality systems and inspection tools
For a confidential discussion on the above role please contact Michael O’Leary on 061-512270