- Reference: LK44895
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Limerick, Tipperary
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for a CNC Operator with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a permanent position.
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- 3/5 Axis CNC experience
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Produces machined parts operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine.
- Produces parts in accordance with Work Orders, verifying the parts against the drawing and any other appropriate specifications; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Follows appropriate instructions from the setter in the operation of the machine, and any part specific instructions.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Obtain approval of First-off part from the Quality Department or appointed personnel before proceeding to manufacture the batch.
- Verify parts by measuring critical dimensions at regular intervals which may or may not be detailed in an inspection sheet. Record measurements in an inspection sheet as required.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs, and records all work electronically on the ERP data collection system.
- Prepares completed batch together with associated documentation for progressing to the next operation on the Work Orders route.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs or support.
- Maintains the area where they work, clean and tidy, free of obstructions, including any storage and WIP.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in training and educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- 3/5 Axis CNC Machine experience is essential for this role.
- Effective influencing and communication skills
- Proven ability to work under own initiative
For a confidential discussion on the above role please contact Michael O’Leary on 061-512270