- Reference: SJ15112016
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Sligo
- Category: General Management
Our client Sligo Chamber of Commerce is looking to recruit a Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible to the Chamber’s management committee and president for the proper management of the Chamber and the co-ordination and delivery of its agreed activities. On a day-to-day basis the CEO will report to the President of the day.
The Chief Executive Officer will:
- Advise the chamber council on future Chamber strategy, the development of the business plan, and be responsible for their implementation.
- Be responsible for the development of budgets and will have full P&L responsibility.
- Continuously review, update and enhance service offering to members.
- Constantly identify new business opportunities and sources of income for the Chamber through a product and service development programme, in particular growing membership and bringing suitable projects to the chamber council for consideration.
- Be responsible for ensuring Sligo Chamber develops the Sligo Chamber Skillnet by collaborating with local industry and business to develop the Skillnet to reflect training and development needs of the region.
- Be responsible for designing and delivering a communications and social media strategy which reflects the Chamber’s views and members’ interests.
- Ensure that policy issues agreed by the council are communicated effectively to the Chamber members and those institutions to whom the policies are directed i.e. the local council, the Government, Chambers Ireland and the media etc.
- Be responsible for directing and implementing the Chamber’s programme of work and activity, as agreed with the chamber council.
- Establish appropriate committees, working parties and consultation structures so that policy issues can be properly developed and promoted.
- Provide policy advice to the Chamber’s officers and ensure that the Chamber has respect and influence locally, nationally and internationally.
- Have the ultimate responsibility for leading, developing and mentoring the Chamber staff.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the Chamber complies with all legal requirements.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 10 years’ senior leadership experience with a track record of successful people management and development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven track record in building relationships and promoting the interests of an organisation to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to present, network and influence across all relevant groups and parties.
- Experience in developing and successfully implementing strategic plans.
- A strong understanding of the economic, retail, industrial, commercial, tourism and cultural needs of the region.
- Experience with managing budgets and evaluating financial reports.
- A passion to help Sligo grow.
For further information and a confidential discussion please contact Niall Murray on 071- 9142411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org