- Reference: GY39781
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Galway, Galway City, Mayo
- Category: Medical Devices
For more than 30 years, our client has advanced the practice of less-invasive medicine. Our client’s products help physicians and other medical professionals improve their patients’ quality of life by providing alternatives to surgery. Since 1994, employees in Galway have been at the forefront of some of these truly innovative medical device designs and manufacturing.
Due to continued expansion of our operations, they are seeking applications from a suitably qualified and experienced Chemist I (Defined Term- 9 months)
- The purpose of the Chemist I role is to conduct analytical testing on commercial, stability and non-routine samples, in addition to participate in the test method development, validation and technical transfers as required. They are responsible for ensuring that all testing is carried out in accordance with cGMP.
- Understands and comply with all the regulations governing the quality systems.
- Delivery of key Quality and Performance Objectives. Maintenance of laboratory scorecards and trackers.
- Ensure compliance with mandatory training requirements and ensure that your training records are up to date and compliant to cGMP.
- Your responsibilities may include test method development and validation, raw material, in process, finished product and Stability testing.
- Complete documentation associated with testing/ method development & Validation/ equipment qualification in a timely manner.
- Ensure all analytical testing is carried out as defined in the Quality System.
- Perform equipment calibration and qualification as required.
- Review of all laboratory Quality Systems to ensure compliance to cGMP.
- Participate in Regulatory, Internal (Auditor/Auditee) and Vendor audit programs as required.
- Provide training (induction/ on the job/ procedures and updates), technical guidance / trouble shooting to laboratory staff including review of associated training records.
- HETAC Level 8 with minimum 2 years experience in a relevant area.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job spec (more information on the role), please contact Claire O’Donnell on 091-706717 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!