- Reference: CJ45579
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Munster, Tipperary
- Category: Information Technology
Individual will be functioning as part of a team responsible for designing a hermetically sealed, long term implantable device which incorporates electromechanical and fluidic components.
The engineer will establish state machine based on device level requirements and develop software in accordance with industry and company software standards.
- Develop complete Firmware solutions.
- Work closely with the hardware team to define the architecture of new products.
- Microcontroller selection for new designs.
- Debug, verification and validation of design.
- Document design progress and activity.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Participate in cross functional product development.
- Demonstrate best-in-class software development methodologies.
- Collaborate with R&D colleagues to develop robust designs meeting all of the required design inputs.
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Computer science / Electronic engineering, or related field (Ideally in medical devices / regulated industry).
- 5+ years’ Experience developing embedded code in C or C++.
- Experience with Microcontrollers (preferred Microcontrollers: Microchip, Atmel and TI).
- Familiarity with popular interfaces: Bluetooth, UART, I2C, SPI, RS232, RS422
- Embedded fundamentals: Timers, PWM, ADC, DAC, DMA, Watchdog, Interrupts, Power saving etc
- Proficiency in understanding electronics schematics and use of lab test equipment (e.g. oscilloscope, logic analyser, signal generator, etc.)
- Strong communication and influencing skills – good listener.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge in motor control would be an advantage.
- Android Application development would be an advantage
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Karen Collins on 021 4911064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!