- Reference: LK44664
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Clare, Limerick, Tipperary
- Category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for a Buyer with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a 12-month contract position.
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- Produce and analyse Branch and product performance statistics and make effective decisions and recommendations with regard to profiling.
- Monitor the computer system calculation of forecasts for branch stock, adjusting as appropriate to ensure that automatic replenishment parameters are set to ensure excellent customer service at optimum costs.
- Develop and maintain positive, collaborative relationships with colleagues in the branch network and at the centre.
- Negotiate and organise branch stock cleanses, identify and focus on problem stock and achieve targets for Aged Stock reduction.
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers to ensure maximum commercial gain against defined purchasing objectives.
- Monitor franchise activity and co-ordinate promotional activities.
- Collate and analyse supplier performance and market intelligence information for use in negotiation and supplier development meetings.
- Provide a consistently excellent level of personal service.
- Build and maintain successful partnerships with customers, colleagues and suppliers and focus on the achievement of long term customer loyalty.
- Consistently generate profitable sales for the branch, both face to face and on the telephone by effectively using a range of techniques and resources.
- Apply the basic principles of margin management to generate profitable sales.
- Ensure that company and market information is exploited in order to develop and maximise profit opportunities
- 3 years’ experience in purchasing
- Planning experience desirable
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proven track record of excellent time keeping & attendance is essential.
- Highly organized with strong ability to prioritize tasks.