- Reference: CJ43873
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Munster, Tipperary
- Category: Production
The chosen candidate would be responsible for obtaining services, materials, components, and equipment. Checks requisitions, obtains quotations, examines bids, and makes awards. Develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate. As required, monitors the cost, schedule, and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value. May evaluate vendor reliability. Co-ordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services (for example, raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies and travel services) and ensures that items and services purchased are of high quality, on time and at the lowest total price.
- Interacts with suppliers and providers to negotiate activities involved with procuring materials and service.
- Assists internal and external customers by answering questions and assisting in solving their problems so they can perform within established guidelines.
- Conducts supplier audits by visiting their facility, observing task performance and reviewing procedures to evaluate their capabilities.
- Audits various forecasts, patterns, and reports to ensure inventory demands are met and/or company service provided to employees meets business need.
- Identifies invoice discrepancies (for example, duplicate billing, price differences and quantity errors) by researching process steps and/or interfacing with appropriate departments to resolve the problem.
- Investigates non-conforming materials by interfacing with production engineers, receiving personnel, and/or suppliers to identify the cause.
- Maintains manual and/or computerised records of activities (for example, items/services purchased, costs, delivery, travel patterns, product quality/performance and inventories) to provide accurate information source.
- Processes purchase requests by accessing database and assigning a number to the order to provide an information source for tracking the order.
- NFQ level 7 qualification in a relevant discipline and 2-4 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- A good working knowledge and application of business concepts, procedures and practices.
- The ability to work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Cultivates a wide range of internal networks and begins to develop an external network of resources to facilitate completion of tasks. May demonstrate basic project management skills by acting as a project lead on small, well defined projects. Provides guidance to less experienced staff. Influence exerted at peer level and occasionally at first levels of management.
- Plans, organises, and prioritises own daily work routine to meet established schedule.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Susan on 021 4911065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!