- Reference: AJ44840
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Dublin City Centre, Dublin North, Dublin South
- Category: Information Technology
Reporting to the Business Systems Manager, the successful candidate will support and facilitate the effective implementation of ICT Business Systems. The role will focus on testing activities within the companies Software Development Life Cycle. There will be a focus on test planning, test execution, issue resolution and test status reporting. Collaborating with the existing company teams and external stakeholders will also be a key aspect of the role.
Key tasks –
– Define test strategies and test plans that drive a best-practice approach to software testing
– Manage the development and implementation of a comprehensive system testing methodology to included functional system testing, integration testing and User Acceptance Testing
– Analyse functional requirements in order to assist with the development of test scenarios, test cases and test scripts;
– Facilitate and run workshops to support test activities, including User Acceptance Testing
– Define and manage the Defect Management Process to be implemented for each project
– Support the execution of tests and the associated defect management process
– Collaborate with the development team to support the resolution of defects
– Assist the transition and handover from “Project” to software support
– Support the Change Management process and definition of change requirements
– Provide clear weekly updates on testing progress to a wide stakeholder audience
– Identify, raise and manage risks associated with testing phase of projects.
– Manage the RAID log for entries relating to System Test and Defect Management
– Engage with the relevant stakeholders for all test related activities
– Manage delivery and communication of all defect-related reports & metrics
– Adopt a continuous improvement approach to systems testing and defect resolution
– Any other duties that may be assigned by the Business Systems Manager as appropriate to the position.
– 4+ years managerial experience with a specific emphasis on Software / System Testing
– Proven experience and knowledge of project management and core business consulting skills, including the Software Development Life Cycle
– Proven experience of defining test strategies and test plans
– Proven experience of managing end to end system test activities
– Extensive people management skills
– Strong stakeholder/vendor management skills
– Proven track record in process analysis, design and ICT implementation
– Effective problem solver with the ability to pre-empt potential issues and to learn quickly and find solutions
– Excellent influencing skills with the confidence to deal with staff effectively at all levels throughout the organisation
– Excellent ability to develop IT solutions based on business need and requirements
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job description (or more information on the role), please contact Donie Shine – email@example.com or call 0906478104.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!