- Reference: SJ43665
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Mayo, Roscommon, Sligo
- Category: Six Sigma Engineer
Our client based in Sligo require a Business Excellence Black Belt for their expanding team.
Reporting to the Business Excellence Manager, the successful person should ensure that the plant meets the business objectives through the development of best in class Manufacturing Operational Processes. The Business Excellence Black Belt will manage all assigned projects to timely completion and deliver cost savings as agreed per project.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead projects that result in major business process improvements
- Deploy techniques of Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control (DMAIC) in assigned BEx projects
- Understand/apply the Lean Six Sigma training to projects.
- Track and report project results to management, internally and externally.
- Lead and influence team members that the Lean Six Sigma methodology is the right thing to do.
- Work closely with Project Sponsor and Business Excellence Manager to continuously review process and to eliminate barriers in projects.
- Ensure that process improvements stay in place over time.
- Develop site Culture initiatives to establish and maintain the Lean Six Sigma concepts.
- Ensure Environmental procedures eg recycling, waste minimizations are adhered to and improvements made where possible.
- A Bachelor of Science/Engineering/Quality or a Third level qualification in Business.
- This will provide the foundation necessary to understand BEx principles and develop ongoing BEx skills
- Three years post-graduate experience in a commercial health care manufacturing environment
- Two years experience of people management/motivationor proven leadership skills
- Good communication abilities.
- Problem solving – the Business Excellence Black Belt is expected to use own initiative in tackling and resolving problems related to assigned projects.
- Accountability – the BEx Black Belt is answerable and liable for the timely and successful completion of assigned projects
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!