- Reference: 44490
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Longford, Offaly, Westmeath
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Position: Process Excellence Engineer (PEx Senior Eng.)
The Role : Summary:
Based in the midlands manufacturing facility you will report to the Head of Process Excellence.
The Process Excellence engineer provides the organization with technical skill-sets in order to enable flow, advanced problem solve and improve business processes. The most suitable candidate is likely to be an experienced certified Black Belt, someone with the ability to motivate others in a change environment, who can communicate at all levels, who is a process thinker with a strong result orientation.
The key elements of the Sr. Process Excellence Engineers role and candidate profile are :
- Deliver and improve Lean & Six Sigma training, provide targeted individual or team training to multiple of functions and disciplines at all levels in the organization.
Coach & Teacher:
- For the effective transfer of knowledge and new methods to others through mentoring individuals & teams.
- Ensures the appropriate six sigma road maps and tools are being applied, to ensure the validity of data analysis and conclusions drawn.
- Responsible to develop his/her capability by completing own BB projects within business unit.
- Drives timely phase reviews of all problem solving projects within the value stream to project closure.
- Supports the development of GB/BB’s competencies, completes assessments in preparation for certification accreditation.
- Identify suitable applications and opportunities to deploy the Lean & Six Sigma road maps and tools in projects
- Identifies improvement opportunities in projects both within and across functions, disciplines and business processes.
- Works with project leaders and sponsors to identify and highlight functional or organizational obstacles to resolve them.
- Develops and compiles performance metrics, that demonstrate business impact and a clear improvement trends.
- Is a confident, credible contributor recognized for their significant track record and contribution.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills :
- Graduate in Science/Engineering with a minimum of 10 years work experience demonstrating clear career progression and potential of which the ideal candidate has 2 years in a related continuous/business process improvement role.
- A demonstrated track record leading and delivering projects with measurable business impact, utilizing Lean & Six Sigma improvement strategies, road maps and tools .
- Candidate is at minimum, Six Sigma Black Belt certified to the company competency model OR a recognized external equivalent
- Demonstrated track record of delivering significant business impact through others, both training & coach others in project selection, to timely execution and completion.
- Strong project leadership skills, including facilitation and interpersonal skill/ability.
- Good presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor both Black Belt, Green Belts, managers and leaders.
- Experience in a related regulated industry, conducting process validations is a distinct advantage.
- Understanding of product also process development processes, design for manufacture is an advantage.
Most Critical Leadership Competencies:
– Technical expertise in continuous improvement & methodologies
– Knows the business, medical device OR regulated industry sector experience is an advantage
– Decisive decision maker
– Manages execution, result oriented
– Coach and teacher
– Promotes teamwork
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Mary Mullin on 09064 78104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and vide