- Reference: CJ45182x
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
The successful candidate will provide technical leadership and business process alignment through the delivery and maintenance of Manufacturing Operational information and Automation systems, in addition to liaising with Global Enterprise applications and Infrastructure Services team ensuring successful delivery of the site’s infrastructure information systems. The successful candidate would execute projects in a fast-paced, multi-disciplined, cross-functional team environment.
- Propose, implement and control the Site’s information and automation systems ensuring delivery of robust sustainable systems solutions.
- Deliver proposals on the development of the information and automation systems to facilitate the optimisation of the expertise of the plant.
- Lead and develop the IT Team to meet the requirements of the business.
- Liaise and be accountable for IT and automation long term strategic delivery to site leadership team with a 3-5-year vision of execution.
- Participate, Influence and implement global Manufacturing Operational systems & Automation strategies that deliver business efficiency, growth and enhancements.
- Provide expert guidance on new technologies and emerging IT & automation trends for process and business reengineering.
- Liaise with Global Enterprise, Infrastructure and Quality system teams ensuring high standards of service delivery and engage to influence continuous improvement opportunities for site operations.
- Ensure data integrity and compliance across all site technology systems.
- Understand current system design and partner with key stakeholders (Global Manufacturing and Engineering Services, Enterprise Application Services, Quality Systems, Global Automation, Infrastructure Services, and Operations) to deliver ‘futureproof’ ideas and solutions to ensure ongoing effective delivery of operations.
- Manage internal customer expectations and ensure close working partnerships with Global support teams (Enterprise Application services, Automation, infrastructure services etc).
- Develop and implement new technologies, controls and vision systems to improve cost and quality of existing manufacturing and engineering processes.
- Facilitate internal resources and outside vendors in developing technical solutions for automated equipment. Interface with equipment vendors to ensure successful machine delivery, integration and manufacturing validation.
- Support product, platform and cost improvement programs by delivering qualified vision systems and acquisition software, machine controls and PLC/SCADA software. Interface with SQA, QA and Operations groups to successfully validate software systems.
Education & Experience:
- Relevant degree in IT, Mechatronics, Electronics, Computer Science or similar.
- 8+ years relevant industry experience Exposure to FDA, HPRA, GMP, 21CFR11, safety and environmental legislation (Experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred).
- 5+ years proven track record in delivering IT & automation solutions in similar environment.
- 3+ years + project management experience – proven record of cross functional project delivery.
- 3+ years leadership experience – direct reporting with demonstrated ability to motivate and develop team.
- Systems background: ERP, MES, Data Historian (OSI PI), Chromatography (Empower) and laboratory management systems.
- SCADA/DCS an advantage.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance, SLC, Compliance and Data Integrity.
- Ability to manage and support manufacturing layer Infrastructure in conjunction with global teams.
- Have the ability to make clear and courageous decisions.
- Have the ability to influence key stakeholders at site and global level in the company.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eloísa Ruiz on 021 4911066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org