- Reference: GJ42773REK02
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Limerick, Limerick city
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Automation Engineer – Limerick- Perm
Ensure reliable & smooth operation of all automation systems & associated infrastructure required to operate a 24×7 commercial manufacturing facility. Work with IT, QA & internal customers from Industrial Operations to determine objectives & priority of assignments.
• Provide ongoing operational support & maintenance of site Distributed control & reporting systems & Data Historians
• Directly support operations with troubleshooting & issue resolution on automation systems & applications
• Own & Perform technical & validation tasks on distributed Automation systems
• Act as automation expert (SME) in cross functional teams in support of large capital projects.
• Investigation of manufacturing deviations & anomalies related to automation & software, manage projects related to corrective action or equipment performance improvement including Site Change Control.
• Program PLC & HMI applications for automated process equipment, capable of troubleshooting & demonstrates knowledge of instrumentation and controls.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technological field
• Experience with implementing or supporting the operation of one or more of the following platforms: FactoryTalk View, Proficy Data Historian, Allen Bradley PLCs, iFIX.
• 5+ years relevant experience in biopharmaceutical/regulated industry (FDA/cGMP).
• Experience authoring & reviewing SOP’s, system test plans, on-the-job-training manuals & other controlled documents.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Independent decision making and use of judgment, as well as prioritization of work accordingly to align with annual objectives required.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please contact Amy O’Neill on 091-706718 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!