- Reference: GJ43381
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Don’t miss a great opportunity to become part of my clients team in an exciting, pioneering and growing organisation.
As a key member of the Global Engineering team the primary responsibility of your role will be to evaluate and develop the appropriate automation control systems for new equipment platforms. You will work with other members of Global Engineering, OEM suppliers, machine vendors, and integrators. You will report to the Platform Development Manager.
- Developing machine design control systems including PLC, Servo, Robotics, Vision and RFID
- Developing testing and installing PLC and control software
- Participating within project teams, providing technical support and making informed decisions on hardware and architecture selection
- Fault-finding complex automation equipment
- Providing technical support for existing installations
- Support global projects as required
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of experience
- Documented PLC and HMI programming experience using the Allen Bradley logix platform
- Experience in motion control – servo and stepper applications
- Experience in vision systems – e.g. Cognex, Keyence
- Experience in Ethernet/IP, TCP/IP networks and other Automation networks.
- Experience in Robotics (Epson preferably).
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Decision Making
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please contact Amy O’Neill on 091-706718 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!