- Reference: GY42942
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Galway, Limerick
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
The successful candidate will be responsible for scientific investigations related to production processes for biological drugs. The candidate will lead a team of Scientists and manage all activities to assure that scientific investigations are planned and coordinated cross-functionally, and executed effectively. Experiments will be conducted in cell culture scale-down models of bioreactors using DOE or other experimental principles. The candidate in this role will tech transfer and implement an existing raw material use testing plan for the reduction of raw material based variabilities.
- The candidate will be responsible for leading scientific investigations related to upstream unit operations of biologics manufacturing processes
- The candidate will lead a team of Scientists and Associates and manage all activities to assure that scientific investigations are planned and coordinated cross-functionally, and executed effectively
- Experiments will be conducted in small scale bioreactors using DOE or other experimental principles
- The candidate in this role will implement and execute an effective raw material use testing and control plan
- Experience in tech transfer
- Supervisory responsibilities for Process Scientists
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- PhD in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related field with 3+ years experience; may consider another discipline with added relevant experience.
- Candidates with an MSc Biotechnology or related field with 6+ years experience will also be considered.
- In-depth knowledge of CHO Cell metabolism techniques, experimental design and data analysis using advanced mathematical tools is required.
- Cell Culture sciences
- CHO Cell Metabolism
- Scale-down model development
- JMP and advanced statistical software programs
- Interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills;
- Word processing, spreadsheet, database management, statistical analysis, graphing, and presentation programs.
- cGMP operations
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please contact Amy O’Neill on 091-706718 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!