- Reference: CJ45298
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Our client is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The Associate Director of Utilities will be responsible for a diverse team of engineering professionals. The role has overall responsibility for the site’s Utility services including, but not limited to:
- Plant Steam
- Clean Steam
- Compressed Air
- Purified Water
- Site Water Systems
- Waste Water Treatment Plant
- Nitrogen Distribution System
- Responsible for site Engineering Utilities team, including performance management, prioritisation of resource assignments, recruitment, mentoring and supervision.
- Ensure equipment operates reliably with no impact to production.
- Through the utility team leadership, ensure that Work Orders are completed on-time and schedule adherence is delivered for PM Work Orders.
- Champion effective employee relations and communication within the department, while demonstrating a flexible management style.
- Promote a positive employee environment by open communication, engagement and development of team members.
- Select and develop a talented and competent team of Engineering Professionals.
- Work with the craft union to discuss changes to site and impact to union colleagues.
- Coach and mentor team members and others outside of the designated team.
- Develop SMEs (subject matter experts) as necessary to both foster initiatives in strategic areas.
- Agree and drive engineering excellence by setting clear direction and expectations for performance. Take appropriate and timely corrective action if adverse trends begin to emerge.
- Prioritizes and drives execution of multiple complex departmental projects.
- Deliver departmental expense and capital projects. Execution of capital projects are delivered through the site OEP Partners, but the department would scope the requirements, complete initial engineering review works and generate a URS for execution.
- Provide leadership and direction to team on process improvements, address obstacles, provide resources and interact with other areas of the organisation to assist the team in overcoming problems and streamlining the work process as part of a structured continuous improvement program.
- Development of a world class-manufacturing group that is proficient in process improvement and problem solving.
- Collaborate with the Capital Projects Team to ensure that all new projects are introduced into production in compliance of site EHS and Engineering standards and are operationally successful.
- Lead and/or represents the function in periodic business metric reviews.
- Initiates cross-functional/site partnerships to identify and resolve engineering issues.
- Actively interfaces all other company sites, 3rd part Vendors / Suppliers in pursuit of achieving business targets.
- Observing the Quality and EHS Management Systems requirements on site at all times.
- Keeps oneself well-informed of all relevant technological advancements that could offer a competitive advantage.
- Provide ongoing coaching and support to Utility team.
- Be an active participant within the Engineering Department sharing Engineering best practices.
- Ensure supply of high quality product through equipment availability, maximize performance of Utility equipment and identify/implement continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Working with the Utility team to ensure all clean Utilities operate reliably and in accordance with key process parameters and are aligned with quality parameters.
- Sound Engineering stewardship, staffing resource planning maintenance scheduling and control e.g. shutdown activities, vendor management, change control.
- Ensure highest Quality & Compliance Standards.
- Provide Engineering expertise within the Engineering Department covering a wide range of projects such as the introduction of new equipment, improvements to existing processes etc.
- Participate and Comply with the MMD Quality Management System (QMS) requirements, including ownership.
- Prioritisation of proposed mitigation plans and/or acceptance of Quality Risks identified as part of the Quality Risk Management Process under the remit of decision maker roles and responsibilities.
- Use Lean principles to deliver a cost efficient operating model for commercial production while not compromising EHS and Quality standards.
- Coaching others by sharing your skill-set and expertise. Identifying talent and coaching and nurturing them to develop and perform at their maximum potential.
- All other duties as assigned.
Role Reports To:
Site Engineering Lead.
- At least 7 years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or a similar operating environment which includes significant leadership roles and demonstrated capability at managing large diverse teams.
- 5+ Years working as a Utility and Facility Lead.
- Degree or 3rd Level Qualification (Engineering), Masters preferred.
- Desirable to have qualification in Reliability Engineering and/or Project Management.
- Bachelor of Engineering in a related discipline.
- Strong compliance mindset, demonstrated capability of understanding EHS & GMP compliance requirements (particularly from an Engineering perspective), demonstrated capability within the Audit environment (specifically EHS & GMP)
- Very strong leadership skills
- Technical knowledge
- Ability to respond to competing priorities
- Communications skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to prepare budgets and tightly control expenditures
- Relevant experience in pharmaceutical production management.
- Very strong knowledge of industrial safety standards.
- Beneficial to have previous operational knowledge within Drug Product, Drug Substance or Utilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge in more than one pharmaceutical and/or chemical manufacturing operation (e.g. Engineering, Manufacturing or Quality etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in applying Six Sigma and Lean Methodologies.
- Demonstrated leadership and change management skills with a continuous improvement focus.
- Proven experience in reducing energy consumption through innovative technology and lean thinking.
- Demonstrated understanding of Project life Cycle, from design through to commissioning/qualification & retirement
- Strong talent developer, proven capability of fostering engineering/technical talent
- Beneficial to have strong networks within Engineering/Technical community
- Customer Focus – proven ability to delight customers & end users
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Rory Walsh on 021 4911063 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!