- Reference: CJ43215yy
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Cork, Cork city, Munster
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Main Areas of Responsibility:
In brief the role involves the following:
- Provide analytical support for delivery of best process chemistry / high priority site cost improvement projects.
- Provide analytical technical support for non-routine, complex investigations/ quality / yield / robustness issues across all Product Value Streams.
- Provide analytical support for specialist analytical techniques (e.g. LCMS/ICP etc) for the Technical Operations & Value Stream Chemistry Teams
- Management/completion of Analytical requests and maintain request database.
- Perform analytical Training / Skills development for process chemists and analytical chemists
- Maintenance of lab equipment service schedules/liaise with service providers during site visits and issuing of work permits.
- Equipment maintenance and troubleshooting where required
- Assist development of long term capital plan for OSP1 Lab and advise Analytical requirements into annual capital plan for site.
- Assist in purchase/ordering of Analytical lab consumables/chemicals via Ariba.
- Look for opportunities to drive / support analytical excellence and continuous improvement in the analytical functions
- Interest in learning/training in new & novel instrumentation as required.
- Support lab safety and lab management program
The ideal candidate should have:
- A relevant third level qualification in a Chemistry discipline.
- Experience in analytical based skills such as HPLC/GC/UV/KF techniques.
- QC analytical experience preferable
- Have demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A proven ability to work under pressure in a team environment.
- Initiative and proven Problem Solving abilities.
- Ability to drive analytical projects to completion on own initiative.
Qualifications (Training, Education & Prior Experience:
The successful candidate will have a BSc Hons or higher degree in Analytical Chemistry with a number of year’s relevant experience in a regulated cGMP laboratory environment.
The successful candidate will have proven abilities in the areas of problem solving, innovation, communication and interpersonal skills, team working, judgement and organisation.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Rory Walsh on 021 4911063 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!