- Reference: DJ43963b
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Dublin South, Dublin West, Wicklow
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
The R2R Accountant is accountable to deliver accurate and timely financial information from the point of transaction through to financial close and periodic external reporting (monthly, quarterly, and annually). This individual will support all accounting processes, through effective, efficient and regulatory (SOX) compliant finance processes, and in accordance with local and consolidated GAAP/IFRS.
The R2R Accountant will support divisions, legal entities and countries as assigned to gain, over time, a deep understanding of the various Abbott divisions, and the unique attributes of the legal entity, regulatory, and in-country requirements associated with the region.
- Responsible for delivery of the general accounting processes and activities of the Shared Service organisation including individual, shared service and outsourced activities.
- As an individual contributor and team member; develop and deliver process documentation, training content, and super user support for more complex accounting activities, as requested, including but not limited to:
- General accounting
- Close and consolidations
- Chart of accounts management
- SOX compliance, internal controls
- Coach and mentor peers, 3rd party outsource service provider staff, and less experienced team members to perform effectively in their role
- Participate in process improvement reviews across retained finance, captive shared service and outsourced teams as a part of ongoing exception management and continuous improvement activities
- Support data integrity and preparation of financial information to ensure completeness, accuracy, timeliness and accessibility of financial information.
- Sustain minimum effective controls in compliance with Sarbanes, CFMS GAAP, IFRS and any other accounting pronouncements and policies required.
- Read, understand and execute on the policies and standards communicated by the Global Process Managers and the Corporate Controller.
- Participate in training and professional development activities to continue to develop Finance capabilities and professional expertise.
- Participate in the design, build, and implementation activities to develop common end-state financial and accounting processes in support of their direct supervisor and the end to end Record to Report Global Process Manager (GPM) and General Accounting (GA) Functional Process Manager (FPM)
Qualified or Part- Qualified essential
- 1-2 years of general accounting experience in a complex global environment.
- Demonstrated capability to understand accounting outcomes and explain accounting treatment, utilizing excellent English language skills
- SAP or other enterprise systems experience
- Process excellence experience
1-2 years of accounting of industry finance experience
- External Audit/ Public Accounting experience preferred
- Shared services experience preferably, in a complex global accounting environment
- Experience of migrating processes
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!