- Reference: CJ44468
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
The 3D Printing Manufacturing Engineer will be an integral part of a project team who will develop 3D Printing and Materials Processes at the Cork site. They will lead process development activities and work under the guidance of the project team. This is a technical leadership role collaborating with global functions including R&D, Engineering and Operations. The role involves working with a cross functional team on a project to develop advanced manufacturing processes for the implementation of 3D Printing and Materials Processes.
- Provide technical leadership for projects in the area of 3D Printing and Materials Processes ensuring an integrated product and process development cycle.
- Support the development of long-term strategy for 3D Printing and Materials Processes
- Implement of cost effective 3D Printing and Material-related manufacturing solutions to drive engineering efficiencies
- Implement design for manufacturability in new processes to minimise lifecycle cost
- Lead detailed product / process design reviews
- Design, develop and conduct feasibility studies to assess new technologies or process improvements
- Develop innovative qualification methodologies to apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on overall risk
- Design & develop tools, fixtures, gages and special equipment for manufacturing operations and new product / process introductions in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and Manufacturing Engineers.
- Support business key metrics with ongoing process improvements and introduction of new technology.
- Participate in PFMEA studies and risk assessments
- Participate in 3D Printing and Materials manufacturing processes from end to end within the supply chain
- Participate in collaborations with R&D and academic institutions
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Ensure all activities comply with GMP, ISO and quality system requirements.
- Ensure that all health, safety and environmental requirements are fulfilled.
Education & Experience
- BSc in Materials/Mechanical/ Biomedical Engineering or a related discipline
- 2-4 years’ experience within a medical device company or similar industry.
- Project management experience
- Extensive statistical and problem solving engineering expertise (Six Sigma, SE or A3) – Six Sigma Blackbelt certified
- Product and Process Validation experience
- Integration of R&D Programs into Manufacturing Operations
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing processes
- Previous experience in Titanium 3D Printing / Additive Manufacturing
- Proficiency of GD&T and ASME Y14.5M 1994 standards
- Certified Project Management qualifications (IPMA/FPX).
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eloisa Ruiz on 021 4911063 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!